Wednesday, November 7, 2012

An Ode to Halloween

***a little late for halloween***


I am the darkness under your bed,
I am the voices inside your head,
I am the darkness in your soul,
I am the head in the candy bowl,
I am the shadow creeping ‘cross your floor,
I am “that man” you saw in the store,
I am the shadows dancing on the wall,
In the attic is where I crawl,
I am the chills that tickle your back,
I am groans and creeks and cracks,
I am the skeleton hung from the door,
I am the rat that scurries cross the floor,
I am the clouds that cover the moon,
I am the rock you trip over in the gloom,
I am the cat the runs in front of your car,
I am the light that’s not the stars.
I am the car you saw in the town,
Crushed, wheels spinning, up-side down,
I am the noises you here in the night,
I am icy fingers, you scream in fright.
I am the dead animal you saw on the highway,
I am the rain that runs down your driveway,
I am the lies that haunt your heart,
I am the fright that has yet to start.
I am your bruises, black and blue,
And I am the evil inside of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment